- Tuition Waiver - Staff Council leaders carried to Staff Alliance the tuition waiver resolution requesting that no changes be made to the tuition waiver benefit. Staff Alliance adopted the resolution with additional language to address conflict with Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
- Staff Compensation - Board of Regents voted to accept the budget with the inclusion of the proposed 3.5% staff compensation increase and forwarded it to the Governor's office for review. Governor is scheduled to submit his budget to the legislature in mid-December. UAF Staff Council encourages staff to contact the Governor and express the importance of keeping this increase in his budget.
- System Governance and Strategic Direction - Discussion of health care, the employee and dependent tuition waiver, the President's policy and regulation review, and the status of the Strategic Direction.
- Policy and Regulation Review - President Gamble is undertaking a policy and regulation review with the goal of creating a clear, current and relevant document for the university. An online form has been created to collect recommended changes to the policy and regulations. Staff alliance will be working to identify sections that are most relevant to staff for consideration in the process. All staff members are encouraged to provide input either to UAF Staff Council representatives or by completing the online form.
REMINDER: UAF STAFF COUNCIL MEMBERS NEEDED
The following Departments, Schools, and Colleges are recruiting for staff council membership. Please consider being a part of the council. Staff voices need to be heard, let yours be one of them.
- Vice Chancellor for Administrative Services