2. Drop the 500 Plan. There are currently less than 5% of UA employees utilizing the plan.
4. Develop a new High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), while maintaining the existing one, that will qualify for a Health Savings Account (HSA). Items to consider:
- Any individual that is covered under another medical plan (Military, Alaska Native, etc.) is not eligible to participate in the HSA.
- If spouse participates in Flexible Spending Account (FSA), the HSA is not available through UA.
- HDHP with HSA in which the plan covers more than the employee, the plan automatically moves to the family deductible.
- The funds roll over from year to year.
- When employment ends the employee keeps the account.
- Monies are only available as they are deposited into the HSA
- Employee is solely responsible for ensuring federal guidelines are met.
For more information visit the following links:
Joint Health Care Committee (JHCC)
Staff Health Care Committee (SHCC) meetings are open to all UA staff. The next meeting of SHCC will be held August 28, 2012 at 9:00 am. You may call in at 800-893-8850 and the pin is 4236369. When calling in please put your phone on mute.
You may also provide your feedback, concerns, questions or comments to any SHCC member via email. See committee members and email addresses below.
Staff Health Care Committee Members:
Melodee Monson (UAA) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Constance Dennis (UAA) – email@example.com
Carolyn Simmons (UAF) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Catherine Williams (UAF) – email@example.com
Mary Sue Dates (UAF) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Russell (UAF) – email@example.com
Gwenna Richardson (UAS) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth Williams (UAS) – email@example.com
Mae Delcastillo (UAS) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ivan Leibbrandt (Statewide Administration Assembly - SAA) – Ivan.email@example.com
Heather Arana (Statewide Administration Assembly - SAA) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Monique Musick (Statewide Administration Assembly - SAA) – email@example.com